Ask any comedian, and they’ll tell you that some of the best jokes they’ve cracked have had a layer or two of controversy in them. When it comes to ginger jokes, the quarrel screams right out as the name betrays the gags.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
For anyone who doesn’t already know, some people take offense to “ginger” as an adjective describing them. They would, instead, prefer to go by “redhead.”
Personal preferences notwithstanding, though, the word ginger refers to individuals whose hair color falls within the hues of deep burgundy, auburn, bright copper, red-orange, burnt orange, and the reddish strawberry blond. Of course, their hair color is responsible for their description as redheads.
Additionally, these individuals tend to have lighter skin tones and lighter eye color. They also often have freckles and are more sensitive to sunlight.
Ginger Jokes’ Rise to Popularity
Like other existing jokes cracked at the expense of specific groups, ginger jokes stem from various stereotypes people associate with redhaired folks. The most common inferences these people draw for the ginger cohort include the belief that they are aggressive, ever angry, and sexually deviant. Thinking about it, doesn’t red hair give the impression of fiery behavior?
As one would expect, those who take offense at the word “ginger” don’t take ginger jokes kindly either. They’ve even coined the term gingerism, defining it as racism against redheads.
According to them, cracking ginger jokes is as severe as racism! But guess what? In taking matters this far, their actions have only served to propagate the mushrooming of more jokes targeted towards them.
Angry Ginger Jokes
Is it true that gingers are ever angry? Maybe. Maybe not. For comedians, though, the truth doesn’t really matter. However, what does is that they can incorporate this stereotype into their craft without a care in the world.
Some of the funniest angry ginger jokes they’ve come up with include:
- What is the difference between a ginger and a terrorist? You can at least negotiate with the terrorist.
- What does one call a ginger with an attitude? Normal.
- How can you get a ginger’s mood to change? You don’t. It’s already foul.
- What happens when you provoke an angry redhead? Ginger snaps.
- How do you start a redhead joke? By checking over your shoulder.
- How do you know a ginger has been using your PC? Your monitor is all cracked up.
Interestingly, some of these jokes are rooted in the belief that their ever irate nature makes redheads unfit for social interaction. Examples of such include:
- What do gingers miss most about great parties? The invitation.
- What do you call a ginger at a wedding? Unwelcome.
- What do you call a ginger whose phone is blowing up on a Friday night? Shocked.
- Why are the Harry Potter films so unrealistic? A ginger has two friends.
- What do you call a handsome man with a redhead? A hostage.
- How does a ginger high five? They clap.
- Have you heard the one about a ginger with friends? Me neither.
Sexual Ginger Jokes
Probably the most popular of all ginger jokes, gags that take a jab at their sexual behavior come in all shapes and forms. Some paint them as beasts in bed, ones with an insane libido. On the other hand, even more jokes paint them as sexually starved individuals unable to find a partner.
Gags portraying them as individuals who can’t get enough in bed include:
- How do you know that you’ve finally satisfied a ginger? She unties you.
- What’s the difference between a ginger and a PC? A ginger won’t accept a three-and-a-half inch stick.
- What do you call a ginger who masturbates more than thrice a day? A terror-wrist.
- How do you react when a ginger tells you she slept with a Brazilian? Ask how many is a Brazilian.
With redheads being considered socially awkward in certain settings, it’s understandable why some people would assume that they crave intimacy. Naturally, these are the ones who come up with jokes painting this picture. Some of the best gags in this category include:
- What’s the difference between a redhead and a brick? At least the brick gets laid.
- Why did the ginger take an e-pill? Wishful thinking.
- What movie will never get a woman horny? 50 Shades of Ginger.
- What’s the difference between jokes and sex? Gingers get jokes.
- How do gingers reach orgasm? By using their fingers.
- What do you call a redhead in a porn film? The cameraman.
Jokes on Gingers Not Having a Soul
In addition to angry and sexual jokes, the internet is also awash with memes depicting redheads as having no souls due to their complexion. Admittedly though, it takes a pretty dark sense of humor for some of these punchlines to hit home.
That notwithstanding, how about a dive into some of the most hilarious ginger soul jokes?
- What’s the difference between a ginger and a shoe? At least the shoe has a sole.
- How do you describe a ginger in deep thought? They’re trying to figure out where their soul is.
- Why did you come after sleeping with a ginger? She took my soul away (since she doesn’t have one).
- Why is Ron Weasley not afraid of dementors? He has no soul.
- How can a ginger get the perfect partner to marry? They can’t. It’s impossible to get a soulmate without a soul.
- Why was the ginger convention empty? Not a single soul showed up.
- How did the ginger survive the horror movie? You can’t die if you’ve got no soul.
- What train don’t gingers ride? The soul train.
One-Liner Ginger Jokes
Do ginger jokes always have to follow the Q&A format? Absolutely not. One-liner punchlines are as common as their already featured counterparts, and the humor is just as catchy. Others even think that one-liners are better.
Some of these humorous gags include:
- I was texting, and my phone just auto-corrected “ginger” to “soulless”.
- If Monday were a person, it’d have to be a redhead.
- If you’re a ginger, your opinion is always invalid.
- Hey, I’m a ginger, and this is crazy. But here’s my sunscreen. I use it daily.
- Raise your hand if you’re dating a blonde; raise your standards if you’re dating a ginger.
That Famous Birth Control Joke
Although this falls into the sexual jokes category, anyone familiar with ginger jokes knows that it warrants individual recognition. The joke is a lengthy one, and it goes like this:
- My girlfriend and I were looking for an effective contraceptive. We tried condoms, but it turns out they’re only 97% effective. Tried pills, but they only work 98% of the time. Striving for a method that would be 100% effective, we decided to dye our hair ginger.
Evidently, jokes tend to thrive more when there’s some air of controversy around what they are making fun of. All the same, life’s too short to have a conservative sense of humor, no? Normalize having a laugh every once in a while, and while at it, why not come up with some ginger jokes of your own?